Friday, January 21, 2011

Weekly Wrap-Up - The Half Week

Do you know what a great way to get back into a full schedule is after Christmas without burning out? Plan a vacation for the 2nd week of January!!  Since some of our family wasn't able to come home at all during the Holiday's, we decided that we would plan a trip to see all of them when Jeremy was able to take vacation time.

We left last Wednesday and had a wonderful time!  I would love to show you pictures of the glorious time we had, but true to form I left my camera at home.  Seriously!  I couldn't believe it!  I remember packing it into the case and I thought from there I put it neatly into my purse.  I even looked for it while we were there because I was so convinced  I brought it.  Nope.  It remained on the microwave where I left it.  Ugh.

I digress.

We got home late this past Tuesday night so we took Wednesday off to conquer Mt. Washmore, and stretch our travel worn bones. So I didn't really plan much in the way of schoolwork...

Thursday- The girls practiced some Math Facts on coolmath.  I had never actually used this site and although it wasn't really my favorite, it served the purpose.  We are studying the digestive system in science so we worked on some of that, did some read alouds and called it a day.

Friday- We did read alouds, read some of our science chapter and did a few experiments for that.  (Have you ever put bread in a baggie and poured water over it, then smooshed it up?  Of course we were mimicking the stomach but the looks of it actually made Lauren and I a bit nauseous.)

We also finished our chapter in History and talked about Joshua, Rahab and the battle of Jericho. We acted out the 7 days of marching around the city.

Our city wasn't quite as fortified considering it was made of couch cushions...  but it got the idea across.


We also shouted to get the walls to crumble.  They loved that.  How often does your mom say. "Shout as loud as you can."  Not often.  It was loud and it was worth it, although the walls didn't crumble.



Isn't that story amazing though?  Obedience to God made way for a miracle.  I was overwhelmed again by the power of God's Word and the power of hearts that trust Him.  We talked about that quite a bit... and then we plundered the city.





Judah got to go first.












Then everyone joined in the plundering.  Most fun of the day by far.  Along with not telling my kids to yell their loudest all that often, we also don't jump on the couch cushions that often.  Notice the cracks in the back of the leather.  Now you know why.

Lauren had a few writing assignments to go along with this, but I think the jumping stuck the story in our memories.


It was a good day in a good week.  Now onto making lesson plans for the next few weeks, when we are REALLY back to our schedule.

This post is linked to Weekly Wrap Up over at Weird Unsocialized Homeschoolers.  To find out how other homeschoolers spent their weeks, click over there!

No comments:

Post a Comment