Monday, January 3, 2011

Where did all this time come from?!

What a fantabulous day!  It was our first day back to school and it was great!  I said yesterday, that we are getting back to the basics, and the basics felt wonderful. 

I started with a pretty long to do list for the day and I am amazed to say that it's all crossed off.  Crossing off lists is one of my great satisfactions in life.  I used to think I was the only person that would actually add things to my list that I had already done just so I could cross them off.  But after talking to a few other list obsessed people, I know I'm not the only crazy one. :)

School and list crossing off isn't the only thing that happened today though:  Laughs happened, tickles happened, cuddles happened, happiness happened.  I will share with you my secret to getting all of this accomplished, it's a time tested secret that I'm sure will work for anyone:

Get those buns outta bed on time!!   That's right.  That's all it takes.  Now if I can just convince my snooze finger of the wonderfulness of this day so it won't be tempted to steer me down the wrong sleepy path, I'll be good to go.

Today was also the first day of the Bible in 90 days and I got off to a good start with the 16 chapters that were on the schedule for today.  I am excited to begin the year in such an awesome way, filling my mind and my time with the Word of God.  This will be an great challenge for my spirit and my flesh.

So if it was your first day back to normal life after the holidays, how was it?  And if you're participating in B90, did you get off to a good start?

1 comment:

  1. What? You mean I'm not the only one who does that to my list?? There's just such satisfaction at seeing those crossed off things, aren't there?

    Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment, I appreciate it!Good luck on your B90Days reading,so far I've done well, hoping you have to!

    Charlene @ A Virtuous Woman

    ReplyDelete