Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Quick and Easy

One of my favorite things about fall is pulling out all of the recipes that we only get this time of year; casseroles, soups, stews, all those warm things that nobody would want to touch in the summer heat. My favorite way to make soup is to let it simmer on the stove all day so we can smell it's yummy goodness. Sometimes though, simmering all day doesn't fit into my schedule and I want something to warm up with quick! This is my favorite go to soup for that. It is relatively cheap, quick and easy, and most importantly, delicious!
.
Broccoli Cheese Soup (from Jeremy's Aunt Jill)
3 T. Butter
3/4c. chopped onion
-saute in pan for about 3 minutes, then add:
6 c. water
6 chicken boullion cubes
8 oz. very fine noodles
1 t. salt
-cook for 5 minutes, add:
6 c. milk
1 1/2 lbs. Velveeta
-stir until smooth
1 bag frozen broccoli
1/4 t. garlic powder
-cook until broccoli is heated through and noodles are done
.
There ya' have it! This makes a HUGE pot of soup, I usually make half of the recipe for our family. They all love it and that, works for me!
.
For more clever tips and tricks visit We Are That Family for Works for Me Wednesday.

3 comments:

  1. Oh yum! I used to love broccoli cheese soup before I realized I was allergic to dairy. Last weekend I had a celebrate fall party. We had a few people over and had all our fall favorites. My leek soup didn't turn out too well though...I tried a new recipe and it tasted like turkey gravy! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know we all love it girlfriend

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds awesome!! Have you ever frozen the leftovers? Just curious....

    ReplyDelete